Bachelor of Science (Cyber Security)
Course Learning Outcomes
- Apply communication skills to demonstrate independence in design and analysis of cyber security solutions and presenting documented results.
- Apply comprehensive knowledge of concepts, principles and techniques in the cyber security discipline to both theoretical as well as practical situations.
- Apply creative thinking to identify and solve cyber security challenges.
- Demonstrate creativity and initiative to generate ideas for planning and implementing independent projects in the cyber security discipline.
- Exercise critical thinking and judgement to investigate and solve problems relating to cyber security issues in digital systems and networks.
- Incorporate an awareness of cross-cultural issues and demonstrate cultural and indigenous competence in professional practice in the cyber security area.
- Use digital technologies and cyber security software tools for assessing and evaluating cyber security information.
- Work collaboratively in the application of knowledge and skills to identify issues and make decisions relevant to cyber security.
This course prepares students for careers in the field of cyber security, including areas such as network security, computer forensics, information warfare and wireless security.
Possible future job titles
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Cyber Security Officer
- Technical IT Security Officer
- Network Security Engineer
- Digital Forensic Practitioner (Acquisition and Analysis)
- Information Security Auditor
- Information Security Analyst
- Security Consultant
- Software Auditor
- Systems Administrator (Security)
- Information Security Officer
- Penetration Tester
CRICOS Code: 077146A
Course Code: Y89