5 Star Experience
This page is a snapshot of recent university rankings, both nationally and internationally. It includes ratings from recent graduate surveys and other international quality measures.
2022 Good Universities Guide
Australian university graduates are surveyed annually about the quality of their university experience and subsequent employment outcomes. The resulting scores are translated into star ratings and are published in the Good Universities Guide.
In the 2022 guide, ECU has maintained its long-standing 5-star rating for teaching quality. It’s now 15 straight years! The record is only matched by one other public university in Australia.
ECU was also rated 5 stars and ranked top West Australian university for undergraduate: overall experience, skills development, student support, learning resources and learner engagement.
• overall experience
• skills development
• student support
• learning resources
• learner engagement
2021 Times Higher Education Young University Rankings
ECU has again been ranked in the world’s top 100 universities under 50 years old in the 2021 Times Higher Education (THE) Young Universities Rankings.
Young universities were measured on their teaching, research, citations, international outlook and industry income. These are the same performance indicators as the overall THE World University Rankings.
2022 Times Higher Education World University Rankings
ECU has maintained its position in the top 500 in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings for 2022.
The World University Rankings is an annual list of more than 1000 of the top universities, ranked for their teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook.
This ranking places ECU in the top 2.5% of universities in the world.
2022 Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject
A range of ECU disciplines have ranked globally in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject for 2022:
- Engineering and Technology – ranked in top 175
- Business and Economics – ranked in top 250
- Clinical, Pre-Clinical and Health – ranked in top 500
- Education – ranked in top 400
- Psychology – ranked in top 400
- Social Sciences – ranked in top 400
- Computer Sciences ranked in top 500
- Life Sciences ranked in the top 400
2022 QS World University Rankings by Subject
The following ECU disciplines have appeared in the QS World University Rankings by Subject for 2022:
- Among Australian universities, we’re ranked sixth for Sports related subjects.
- For Nursing studies, ECU is again ranked in the global top 100.
- And our Performing Arts also ranks in the top 100 worldwide, equating to a ranking of second among Australian universities.
- Petroleum Engineering has again ranked in the top 150 world-wide.
- ECU’s Education subjects are ranked in the 251-300 band globally.
- And for the first time, ECU’s Business and Management studies have been ranked, appearing in the world-wide 501-550 band.
2020 QILT Student Experience Survey
ECU has received the top undergraduate teaching quality ranking of all public universities in Australia for the 6th year in a row in the latest QILT rankings.
In fact, ECU topped the rankings for public universities in 5 of the 6 categories, including undergraduate skills development (now 7 years running), learning resources, student support and overall educational experience.
The university also received Australia’s top ranking – for public and private universities – for undergraduate international students’ overall experience.
QILT results are based on hundreds of thousands of surveys completed in 2020 by students from the 41 universities across Australia, both public and private.
2020 QS World University Rankings Top 150 under 50
ECU has been listed in the QS Top 150 under 50 rankings for 2020. The rankings cover the world’s 150 leading institutions founded after 1967. ECU was established in 1991 and appears in the 101-150 category.
2021 Times Higher Education Impact Rankings
ECU’s reputation as a top university has shone through in the Times Higher Education (THE) University Impact Rankings for 2021.The University was ranked in the top 50 for Gender Equality (24th), Good Health and Wellbeing (24th) and Quality Education (41st).
This is the third year of THE Impact Rankings, which examine the contributions of universities towards the achievement of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals. These goals are a call-to-action by all countries to promote prosperity while protecting the planet.
Read more about THE Impact rankings.
2021 CWTS Leiden Rankings for Research
The 2021 rankings include 1225 universities from 69 different countries. Key ECU results include:
- Ranked 1st in Australia in Biomedical and Health Sciences for the proportion of publications that belong in the top 1% most frequently cited.
- Ranked in the top 10 in Australia for co-authorship of research with other countries, including 1st in Australia in Biomedical and Health Sciences.
- Ranked 1st in Australia and 11th in the world in Physical Sciences and Engineering for the proportion of publications in the top 1%, 5% and 10% most frequently cited.